Thursday, June 30, 2016

Carol Ann

Picture curtesy of Lauren Williams (my little sister).  Thanks for taking it Laurs!  I love it!

My sweet Grandma passed away last week.  I had the blessing of spending a few hours with her the night before she passed.  I held her hand and sang her songs.  I cried to her about my parenting woes and how it's really hard and how in the world did she do it with all those little kids running around?  I told her stories of the crazy things my kids have done that drive me a little mad.  Even so close to the end, she was the best listener.

I told her I loved her and I talked her through my favorite memories of her.  She would raise her eyebrows when I said funny things and while she couldn't talk back, there was was love in her eyes.  I love this woman and I'm so grateful that she's been such an important part of my life.  I'm even more grateful to know this isn't the end...it really is the beginning.

I love picturing Grandma running through Heaven with no pain, re-united with Grandpa (I've written about how sweet their love is before and I can't imagine her joy at being with her Bruce), with her sweet mother who she has missed so dearly, with her dad who passed away years and years ago.  And I'm so, so happy for her.  She was faithful and I know I will see her again.  My sweet grandma, who has always been an angel, will be watching over me and my children.  I am sure of that.  Heaven is a better place with her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment